Twice weekly e-news bulletins

Access to our News, Forums and Blogs
OR

If you want to read our in-depth research articles or
have our amazing magazine delivered to your home
each month, then you have to pay.

Click here if you're interested
Helping you make better health choices

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

Subscribe!

Rose thorn tenosynovitis

18 Nov 2017 @ 18:26PM

Hello,

I am female, 56 and have a serious problem with my left index finger. The middle joint has been painful and swollen for over a year now with loss of 50% of function and a recent X-ray just showed "showing signs of joint degeneration" and was just put down to osteoarthritis with nothing I can do. I find this hard to accept because it is just the one digit. Recently a chiropractor friend of mine spotted that there wa s tiny mark in the middle of the inner crease in the joint. Closer inspection found what looked like the remains of a minute splinter which I had never noticed as it never hurt. I then did some research on the net and discovered that there is a condition called plant/rose thorn tenosynovitis. Does anyone know about this? I do a lot of gardening and this is a possibility. I am waiting for an ultrasound on it but my GP said the NHS may refuse this. It is extremely painful, getting worse and the finger is twisting badly. I am worried that it is causing permanent and irreversible damage. I would be so glad of any help. Nothing I have tried makes any difference at all..

Thanks Adrienne

Latest Tweet

About

Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, depression and many other chronic conditions.

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

Most Popular Health Website of the Year 2014

© 2010 - 2017 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved